Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh, there's a hurricane?

Hey y'all, I am a little dense sometimes. Didja pick up on that yet?

So I've been hearing about Hurricane Ike all week long, and I keep thinking, I really need to check into this and see what it means for me.

But it's been a dramapalooza over here this week, and I just never got around to it. Even though every time I turn on the TV, the radio, it's Ike, Ike, Ike.

Then last night, my Okie friend texted me, "Are y'all building your ark yet?" And I thought, How cute is she? Hmmm...I hope we don't get water in the house again like we do when it rains real hard cause those doofus developers built that new subdivision and now my house floods once a year. I really need to check a weather report. And even, you know, pay attention.

But I was SITTING IN A BOARD MEETING at that moment, so I decided to start paying attention to the topics being discussed, and Ike left my brain again.

This morning my friend was here and said, "There's supposed to be rain and winds up to 30 and 40 miles an hour." And I thought, Wow.

Y'all, I don't know nothin' about wind speeds. Seriously. No frame of reference. I Do Not Know What That Means. I'd really better check that out.

For those of you still involved in our saga, that brings me to now. Or 15 minutes before now, when I'm getting caught up at Google Reader, and I read this post at Big Mama. And I thought, That's almost exactly what I'd buy to hunker down in a storm. Except I'd find a way to make some Ro-Tel and Velveeta cheese dip, dadgummit. I've got my priorities straight up here in North Texas. They may be sissies down in San Antonio, but how you gonna ride out a storm without some Velveeta? Oh and also, I have GOT to check out a weather report!

So I checked the weather report, y'all. Yeah, uhm, Ike Likely To Hit North Texas as a Tropical Storm.

I've got to get to Wal-Mart before they run out of Velveeta.

4 comments:

binks said...

I hate those stupid storms. That was me exactly 1 week ago.
Well, not the Velveeta part. I'm thinking pop tarts and M&Ms.
Stay safe, Queenie, I be praying that it is just a breeze when it gets to you.

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Go buy bread RIGHT NOW or you'll be baking your own! LOL!

And, gas up your car. Ike's gonna take out all our refineries in Port Arthur.

binks said...

Queenie, could you post something and let us know you are ok? I will worry.
Thanks!

Jennifer said...

Girl, you are too funny. But once again, you sound so much like me! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods and you are safe and dry!