Saturday, March 24, 2007

Weekend Mini-Post

Highlights of the first part of our weekend:

At Softball opening ceremonies last night, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a prayer begin. As I listened, this wasn't just any prayer; he meant it. And ended it all, "In Jesus' name..." AMEN!!! What a blessing!

At same opening ceremonies, I saw my cousins that I don't see very often, even though one lives in the next town over, and her daughter lives literally 2 miles from me. Sad, isn't it?

T-ball this morning at 9:00. Team pictures at 8:00. Zzzz... Guess what? Tinkerbell is now a real ball player! She didn't play in the dirt one single time! I love exclamation points! Because my dainty girl is now a ball player! And don't worry; I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched. I know she has plenty of time to prove me wrong, but I just saw such improvement over last season, that I'm bursting with pride.

They won their game! Against a team with a cut-throat coach. Does it make me cut-throat if I want him to lose?

We bought Pooh some Easter shoes and softball cleats after the game. Don't you love the contrast? And a pink softball bag and a practice Tee. Big Daddy got some shoes, too, so all is right with the world.

Now my girls are watching Pocahontas and I am about to take a lovely afternoon nap. Bye, y'all.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

In Jesus' name? That's incredible! Aren't all afternoon naps lovely? I certainly like them.