Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Scooter Saturation

My sweet Scooter is destined for a career in sports broadcasting, specifically color commentary. Not sure yet what sport she will be covering, but she will be good. Currently, she’s practicing by chronicling Mom’s every action. She’s doing a great job.

“You put you sock on.”
“You put you udder sock on.”
“You stand up now?”
“You put that shirt in the backet.”
“Who on dat phone?”
“You take a drink, right?”
“You going in the bathroom.”
“You come out a da bathroom now?”

Now, I know…I know, I know, I know…that this is how she processes information and of course she’s learning, and blah blah blah. I know this. But oh my gosh, sometimes I just need 5 consecutive minutes of silence. Stop watching me. Stop learning. Just play with your toy and watch the Bible story on TV and color on the wall, for goodness sakes!

Scooter is in a phase where she wants all Mommy, all the time. It’s the “all the time” part that’s killing me, because it's a new phase. Up until now, we’ve all had a lovely balance, where we spend plenty, and I mean plenty of quality time together, and then we all go to our separate corners and recharge, by playing with Polly Pockets, coloring, reading blogs or books, playing computer games or whatever. Scooter currently wants to talk to me 24/7, no matter which of those activities she’s involved in.

I know it means she loves me and she wants to connect with me and I love and cherish that. Really I do. But my ears are bleeding. And then,

“Momma, you love me this whole world?”

You bet your butt I do. And that's all that matters.

2 comments:

Okie said...

Totally sounds like our 3 year old Julia. She's got a running narration of life at all times. It can be annoying sometimes...other times it can be a laugh riot because she's so darn cute. :)

shoeaddict said...

I laughed and laughed