Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Aarrghh! Kids!

Seems like I bitch a lot. Oh well....

I have asked my girls to please let me know when one of our phones rings and I'm not in the room. Like if I've left my cell phone in the kitchen, and I'm in the bedroom. Or if I'm in the bedroom and the phone's in the living room. Hopefully you get the idea. They don't.

So here's how it goes.

When I'm sitting at my desk and my cell phone is AT MY ELBOW, and it starts ringing, I get, "Mom, phone."

When I'm in the kitchen, and the phone is on the counter, and it starts ringing, I get, "Mommy, the phone's ringing."

When I'm in the bathroom, and the bedroom phone rings RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR HEADS, I get NOTHING!

So, to recap, if we're in a room together and the phone is two feet away from me, they notify me EVERY TIME. But if they're in a room with a phone, and I'm on the other side of the house, NO NOTIFICATION.

Carry on.

No comments: