Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Heart Eve

Every year I have grand plans for Valentine's Day festivities, and almost every year I wait too long and not much of it gets done.

I want this year to be different.

We don't get all elaborate for Valentine's Day, but since this is the week that Big Daddy and I met, I do like to do SOMETHING.

So here's my plan. Today the girls and I will get out all the cutesy, glittery, gluey junk that we have in the art cabinet and we'll make Valentines for Big Daddy.

I will refrain from trying to perfect their creations. I will leave them alone. SERIOUSLY. I WILL.

Tomorrow Big Daddy's working, so we'll go to the grocery store in the morning and buy all sorts of goodies. I think I'm going to make him a lasagna, and either Paula Deen's Red Velvet Cake or Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake.

And when Big Daddy gets home tomorrow at 6:15? Dinner's ready, candles and Valentines on the table, and maybe even a new Wii game in the living room.

Cause I'm romantic like that.

What are you doing for Valentine's Day? Have any great ideas I can squeeze into my Master Plan?

No comments: