Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Random Randomness

In the interest of more frequent posting, here's what's bounding around in my head and my life right now:

Tink now has an additional teacher in her classroom. Today's just the 2nd day, so we'll see how that goes. We still consider pulling her out almost constantly, but we're taking it one day at a time. After calling me with her concerns, the school counselor has not followed up with Tink or me at all in the past two weeks. Nice.

I'm finally getting a laptop! Now comes the daunting task of choosing which one. My uncle, the computer geek, says don't get an HP, get an Acer. My dad says don't get an Acer, your uncle has problems with his all the time. Oh, the decisions!

The income tax refund should be pretty, which is why I can get a laptop. After we repair the Air Conditioner, pay off the ER bill from December and clothe our children, of course.

Big Daddy's getting a smoker, too. He's the designated rib smoker in our circle of family and friends, and his smoker is rusting out and too small, anyway. Those suckers are expensive, y'all!

On Sundays after church, the girls love to run through the grass on the way to our car. They stop and check out the pretty yellow flowers (weeds) and dandelions. Last Sunday, Scooter picked a dandelion and got ready to blow. "I wish...I wish...I wish for...a big chocolate cake." She IS her Mommy's daughter!

I hope y'all are having a great week. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to write about soon. OOH, like tonight's episode of American Idol!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope the additional teacher makes a difference! I would hope so!
I don't have any put as far as laptops - except I'd love to have one too! Hubby has one, but I honestly couldn't tell you what kind it is if I had to! Although I wouldn't be surprised if it's an HP. Seems like I might even remember seeing that on there. That's what our main one is too. He loves his and hasn't had any problems. The more I think about it, the more I think it is an HP, but I wouldn't bet my life on it or anything!

I imagine our tax money will go toward our debt, as that is our #1 goal right now - to get totally out of it! But we might get to have a little bit of fun with it - we'll see.

Oh yeah - AI - I haven't watched it yet, but it's waiting paitently on the DVR. I sure hope it was good!

Speaking of good - I'm being very naughty right now. Big Mama posted a recipe earlier for Oatmeal chocolate chip brownies/cookies, and I had a hankering for something sweet, so I made a pan. OH MY SWEET HEAVENS - they are out of this world - all nice and warm and ooey gooey! YUM! Sorry, just had to share!

Hope you have a great week!

Redneck Diva said...

Girl, I love my HP. I bought it off the shelf at good ol' Wal*Mart. I tried building one at HP.com, Dell.com, and several other sites, but for what I wanted/needed, the one off the shelf was perfect! My only complaint was that it only came with a trial version of Word and 90 days after purchase I was shelling out another $150 for that, but that's my only complaint so far and I've had it nearly a year.