Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Come on in!

Hey, people! Did you miss me again?


I have been oh, so sick, ended up in the ER Monday night, but I am on the mend and trying to get caught up with humpteen million things. Things like...oh, I don't know...wrapping and mailing gifts maybe? Or finishing Christmas cards? But my priority, of course, is posting photos of my favorite Christmas decorations, and getting in on the tail end of BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes.

Behold my tree. And what's that underneath? I believe it's a little girl! Thank goodness, because I have been wanting one of those forever!


And speaking of little girls, this ornament is a special one to us. Big Daddy and I bought it after my miscarriage several years ago. Even then, we must have known God had blonde, blue-eyed girls in our future!


What? Another treasure 'neath the tree? That's right, ladies and gentlemen, it's Mr. Buster Brown, who took up residence under the tree as soon as we put it up this year. He's senile, bless his heart, but we love him.


Here's one of our nativities. I just sit 'em wherever I can see 'em real good. Also in the picture, you can see my paternal grandparents, Grandma and Daddy Jim. Grandma died before I was born, and my Daddy Jim when I was 3. I can really still remember him; I love that.


And yes, that is our wedding picture up there on the left. Talk real sweet to me and maybe I'll post a good one some day.



My Department 56 Dickens Village. I started collecting it years ago when I worked at a snooty Christmas Store, and I've been cursed with expensive taste ever since! I haven't gotten a new piece in a few years, and I don't even think we put it out last year, but isn't it cute? I'll have to take some more pictures later, cause there are dancing, spinning people in Fezziwig's Ballroom, and smoke comes out of the chimney on The Christmas Carol Cottage Revisited.


My Santas. They're little and I love 'em! Please disregard the fact that my mirrors look dusty. There must be something wrong with my camera. Couldn't be that I never even THINK about getting those suckers down and cleaning them.


Oh look! You can't see the dust nearly as bad when I add sepia tones. Or can you?







And my final treasures, y'all. My sweet little Bear, who's been with me the longest, before there was a Big Daddy, and before there were three little angels underneath my tree.

And those precious angels. Merry Christmas, everyone!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I would totally feel at home in your house! I too collect villages...the ones from the Dollar Tree that is. :-) They work just as well. I think next year I might save some money and begin buying the village sets in Hallmark. We'll see...

I also collect Santa's and waterglobes :-) I took some pictures of my home on my blog (might have to scroll down though to see it).

Hope you feel better soon in time for Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Dawn in Germany (soon to be Arlington Texas)!

Misty said...

your miscarriage ornament is truly beautiful! What a lovely and peaceful home!

I hope you continue to feel better!

Jennifer said...

I figured you've just been busy. I had no idea you were sick! I'm so sorry! It's never fun to be sick, but at Christmas - that has to be the worst! Glad you are feeling better.

I love your decorations, but my favorite is the girls!!! My kitty took up residence under our tree - until I packed it too full for her to get under there. What is it about animals and Christmas trees?

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Glad you are feeling better in time to join in the home tour! I enjoyed seeing your decorations!

Come on over to my home tour, I'm featuring my Nativity collection!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

how sweet! i love th epic of your girls, but everything is so lovely.
too cute about your dog under the tree, at least he can't climb it!!!

shoeaddict said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! I love love love the final picture of the girls. It's wonderful.

WendyDarling said...

I am sorry to hear that you have been sick. I pray you are much better soon. Thank you for sharing the pictures. The last one of your girls is just precious. :-)

Musings of a Housewife said...

Everything is beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear you were sick. Merry Christmas!