Tuesday, September 04, 2007

WFMW - Velveeta, Dr. Pepper, etc.

Hey, it's the Brand Loyal edition of Works For Me Wednesday. Today I'll be talking about those Brands From Which I Cannot Be Swayed. I think I'll do this list-style, if you don't mind.

Velveeta - Come one, now. Kroger brand Nice 'n Cheesy? You've gotta be kidding. I need me the real thing for Rotel dip, easy mac and cheese, and miscellaneous casseroles. And also for a killer, artery clogging grilled cheese every now and then.

Which brings us to Rotel Tomatoes. You can use Pace for the Rotel Dip, but then it wouldn't be Rotel Dip, would it?

Mayonnaise - Kraft or Hellman's. I tried Archer Farms once. Tasted like Miracle Whip. And by the way, get this - I used to love Miracle Whip, and now I can't stand it. I guess my taste buds are getting old or something. Big Daddy insists on Miracle Whip now, so it's a pain when we make sandwiches.

Pace Picante Sauce - This is Big Daddy's preference, not mine. But I live to please, so I buy him the Pace.

Cottonelle Ultra - Have you seen the new kind that's ribbed, instead of with little squares? It's heaven on a roll. BD and I used to go back and forth; he liked Cottonelle, I liked Quilted Northern Ultra. Until he came home with the ribbed kind of Cottonelle. I converted immediately. What's weird, though, is that sometimes it's still the quilted squares, and then I'm sad for a week.

Hebrew National Hot Dogs - You know that since they're kosher, there's nothing really gross in there. You can't say that for Bar S.

Mrs. Baird's Large Loaf White Bread - Best white bread in the world. I like a nice, crunchy wheat sometimes, and I'll use french, rye, or sourdough for a fancy sandwich. But for a good old PB or Bologna sandwich, it's gotta be Mrs. Baird's White.

Degree Deodorant for Men - Big Daddy refuses to use anything else. Not the clear stuff, though, just the white.

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper - I go through way too many 2-liters every week. I drank Diet Dr. K for a while, but I got a bad batch once, and I refuse to compromise now. I can not function if there's none in the house.

That's all I've got for now, but I think I'll come back and update as I think of more. In the meantime, go on over to Shannon's and see what's non-negotiable for everyone else.

And don't forget to come back on Friday for Advice Forum.

6 comments:

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the Hebrew National hot dogs. Any other brand just grosses me out now. Kosher is the way to go if you're not into "mystery meat!"

I'm also a Hellman's mayo girl. There's no substitute.

Aubrey said...

I live down South and here we have the very Delicious Duke's mayonnaise. It's great.

Anonymous said...

Hebrew dogs are the best.

TP is a constant subject at our house!

Anonymous said...

Amen to the Velveeta and Rotel! In fact, I feel so strongly about it, I've linked to your post on my blog. http://www.txpoppet.blogspot.com

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

love Dr. Pepper but don't splurge on it very often...buy craft supplies instead...cherry vanilla? might try a small bottle some day!? thanks!

Unknown said...

I love Pace too!