Monday, September 24, 2007

Kickin' butt and takin' names

I haven't been around here much the past few days, but y'all, I have been getting so much done in my house! Usually, my spurts of ambition last for about 2 hours, but this time I've been going strong for around 3 days. I am oh, so proud of myself.

I organized Pooh's school area in my bedroom, so she doesn't have to sit on my bed or at the kitchen table to do her work. She's so excited, and keeps on arranging and rearranging her school supplies. At 3:30, it will also be Tink's homework station. I'm excited, too.

Also, my kitchen counters are clear and clean. This is huge, y'all. I have a tiny kitchen, and I often leave things out because it's just easier than cramming them back where they go. But I've been getting more and more organized in the kitchen, and it's getting easier and easier to keep things clear.

I have to tell y'all, reading Laura's blog, I'm An Organizing Junkie, has provided so much inspiration for me, both little spurts and over the long haul.

And now, I'm off to pick up Scooter at school so I can come home and organize my bathroom. I'm actually looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

When you're done, wanna come do mine? My poor house...hasn't been good in cleaned in the past 4 weeks! I know I have a decent excuse, being sick and all. But it's driving me crazy! My floors are pretty nasty - I've managed to sweep them, but they need a desperate good scrubbing! I keep waiting for my energy level to get back up there so I can tackle them, but it hasn't happened yet. Baby steps...I keep taking them. But I need my energy level back so I can go full force!!
Good for you getting so much done. It feels good, doesn't it? Hopefully I'll have that feeling again soon!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Good for you. I keep hearing all these great reasons why I should get organized, but I need to take a break from life in order for that to happen. I know, I know, it's better in the long run...you inspire me!