Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday ~

I'm trying to get in the habit of writing more often, even if I don't feel I have anything interesting to say.

This morning was spent typing while Scooter watched Noggin. Makes me feel guilty, but I need to have her contained while I'm working.

I work part-time from home, transcribing interviews for insurance claims. It is sometimes interesting, sometimes easy, sometimes horribly difficult and sometimes just annoying. I honestly hit both ends of the emotion scale, depending on what kind of tape I'm transcribing. If my tape is easy to understand, and interesting, I Am In Heaven. Because it's just like watching a soap opera, only I'm getting paid to do it! Alternatively, if I get a tape that's of bad quality, or with a person who has annoying speech patterns, I just want to buy a plane ticket to wherever they are, and slap them in the face. Very hard.

My house is a pit, and we're having company tonight. Here's what I need to get done by 6:00 today:

  • Take a Bath (Done! yeah, me!)
  • Clean hall bath
  • Clean kitchen
  • Vacuum entire house
  • Dust Living room
  • Pick up girls at school
  • Pick up work
  • At least one load of laundry
  • Cook a desert for tonight
  • Get dinner started
  • Get some of the crap out of the black hole that used to be my work space in the corner of the living room.
So I guess I'd better get to it, huh? Later ~

No comments: