Friday, May 20, 2011

Eight Years Old!



Y'all, my baby is turning eight today.

It's unreal.

She's growing up and staying a baby all at the same time, and it's killin' me! I don't have baby pictures on this computer (a separate hard drive is on my wish list), but here are some of the almost-eight-year-old:


We cut her hair a few months ago, for the first time in about 4 years. I absolutely LOVE the way her little bob looks, but then when I see photos of her with long hair it makes me a bit melancholy.

I'm fickle like that.

Maggie is an artist and a songwriter and Oh, so emotional. Even as I'm typing this post, she's singing an original song - most of them are original. And they
go on forever. They start out beautiful and poignant and heart-grabbing, and then after about 5 minutes it's like, "Dude, you're no Don McLean and this ain't American Pie." I'm a lovely Mom, huh?

I'm sure time will refine that.

I'm sure of it.

So Happy Birthday, my sweet Maggie Mae! Mommy loves you more than she ever knew she could!





No comments: