Monday, September 08, 2008

Sarcastic much?

Yeah, sarcasm might be a bit overused in our house.

Pooh: Mom, do you think we'll EVER be able to go back to Build A Bear Workshop and use my gift card?
Me: Nope. Never.

Tinkerbell: Mom, are you ever gonna make spaghetti again?
Me: Nope. Never.

Child: Mom, do you remember when you told me that we could go to Build A Bear after church on a Sunday sometimes?
Me: Yep. I remember. *crickets chirping*

I'm convinced that when Bill Engvall created his "Here's Your Sign" bit, he must have been inspired by the unnecessary questions kids ask.

Pooh: Mom, do you want me to put my shoes away?
Me: Nope. I want you to stand there all day long holdin' 'em. Here's your sign.

Scooter: (As we leave the house on a Sunday morning with our Bibles) Are we going to church now?
Me: Nope. Going to preach at the jail. Here's your sign.



7 comments:

Gretchen said...

Super cute. I love Bill Engvall. We used to have cable but not any more. I so miss the Country Fried HOme videos. We watch America's Funniest Videos but it just isn't the same.

Kelley said...

...and then there's your post from yesterday. You're too funny.

beckyjomama said...

I think we may live in the same house. Except for the fact that one of my kids can't talk yet and the other just doesn't!

But, my man?

Oh, my man!

XOXOXOXOXOX
Becky Jo

binks said...

Sarcasm - my favorite.
Plus your kids are always good for a laugh or two.

Thanks for the smile, plus I love Bill Engvall, too!

Hope schools going well for the girls. Let's hear about it. Please?

Jennifer said...

I think you are right - kids make for great material. And your family is a riot!

Redneck Diva said...

Girl, I totally do the same thing.

A few weekends ago we were going to a family reunion. We had talked for DAYS about going to said reunion. The day of, I had prepared food for this reunion. The kids gathered lawn chairs and blankets and bug spray. THE REUNION was the hot topic of the day.

We were walking out the door to GO TO THE REUNION and one of the kids said, "Are we going to the reunion now?"

I said, "Nope. We're goin' to the zoo. Gosh, I hope it's not closed this late in the evening." And I so totally wanted to add, "Here's your sign, sweetie."

Amy said...

Thanks for posting this! I had to catch myself so I didn't laugh out loud and wake my husband up!