Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yes, I'm alive.

People, I have been busy. Every time I think about writing a blog post, my brain goes on strike and starts bouncing around to the things I need to get done instead of helping me compile a decent post.

So in the interest of more regular posting, I'll just tell ya some random things that have gone on around the Dirty Laundry household in the past several days.

Big Daddy would not rest until he had a new smoker, so that was a priority on Sunday. Then it sat in the back of the truck until he went across the street and asked some guys to help him unload it. I stayed in the house, far away from the exertion.

I still haven't bought a laptop. I ordered a Dell, then found a better discount code and canceled the order. I'll reorder it today. Really.

BD and I did some spring shopping yesterday and it was exhausting! We went to the Outlet Mall (except it's not a mall, it's outside) and wore ourselves plumb out. I just love buying spring clothes for my girls, and BD kinda enjoys it, too. My best buys? Shoes for 3.99 a pair at The Children's Place outlet. Also, Carter's and Oshkosh rocked, too. Except? I couldn't find a purse at the Fossil Outlet, and What Am I Gonna Do Now?

I spent Saturday at my parents' house with relatives from out of town. I wish we did that more often.

One of my oldest friends in the world got in touch with me recently. We lost touch a few years ago, and BOY was it GREAT to talk to him again.

I know, my friends, that this post is disjointed. Because right now my brain is disjointed. But I'll be straight soon, I hope. See ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit of a lurker, but I just thought I'd say hi and that I love your blog!

Amy said...

I couldn't find a purse at the Fossil Outlet, and What Am I Gonna Do Now?

You just need to stitch together some of those socks and you can have yourself a lovely recycled bag with interior pockets for all your organizing needs.

Hee hee hee! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Karen said...

I'm glad you're still alive, Lori! :)

As for the purse situation, if you get that figured out let me know. I'm getting tired of carrying a diaper bag - which is the only "purse" I've had for about the last decade (well, 6 years).