Sunday, June 10, 2007

Birthday Weekend Update

The Birthday Weekend Extravaganza is in full effect. Except it's not what someone else might call extravaganzic (like my new word?). But it's my weekend, and I'm loving it.

Here's how this works in our little family. The Birthday Girl (or boy) gets to do whatever they want for pretty much the entire weekend. Now, fortunately for Big Daddy and my girls, I am oh, so easy to please. I don't need big expensive presents (although I wouldn't turn one down). I don't care about a fancy dinner out (although that's nice sometimes). I just want to do what I want, when I want, for the entire weekend. And for the most part, that's exactly what I've done.

Yesterday, Big Daddy had to work. Wah. So the girls and I laid around the house until around 10, and then I had to run to the bank, drop something off at the church, and run a couple other errands. Before we came home, we ran by Best Buy to spend a gift card that I won during Fantasy Football season. You guessed it, I used it on the girls. But that was my intention; I wanted to get them some new computer games. And I got some great deals.

P.S. I also saw some wonderful, delicious and shiny laptops. I coveted them. But I repented.

I then took a nap, which was lovely, after which we did a whole lot of nothing. There was (were?) television viewing, tickle fights and ice cream; also lovely.

This morning we slept in a little and went to late church. My poor girls are so tired right now, because after church, we went on a Birthday Extravaganza Whirlwind of Running Around. It began at Khaki's, which is a great hamburger place near us. From there it continued at various shopping venues, which made me extremely happy. Did you know that Bath and Body Works scheduled their semi-annual sale to coincide with my birthday? How great are they?

And finally, we stopped to look at a humongous Open House in a neighborhood that we dream about sometimes. It was awesome. And 4 times the price of our house. Sigh.

Now, we're all exhausted and the rest of my family is watching The Shaggy Dog. And I am oh, so happy. Because even though it's been a rough few weeks, God is good, and I am happy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi,

I just found your blog and love the name and design, though I must admit I can probably beat you in the dirty laundry department.

Happy Birthday, its so nice when us Mom's get to do what we want.

Blessings,
Julie