Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's not a bad thing, really.

While I am surprised and a little sad about the results of last night's American Idol, I don't think it's really a bad thing.

What I told Big Daddy is this: Melinda was the best, hands down. Everyone knows this. But. Is she really suited for that American Idol mold? The past winners who have done the best commercially are young and mainstream, whether pop or country. Melinda's not really pop-ish, you know?

Now. I think that Melinda will have a wonderful career, but I think she's better off with 3rd than 1st place, although I would have preferred to see her in the final two.

Is this making sense?

And now, although I think that Jordin has a better voice, I almost think that Blake should win, just cause he seems so commercial to me. And because I love it when he says "baby girl."

So long Melinda. We'll see you again real soon.

1 comment:

Becky said...

It was sad to see her go. : (
But, she will be fine.
I can't decide who I want to win now.