Friday, April 13, 2007

You know what I'm sayin'...

I just typed a transcript for an insurance statement. I want to go to Indiana and slap this guy silly.

In 5 pages, he said, "You know..." 45 times.
Of those 45 times, 11 were "You know what I'm sayin'."
He also said, "I mean..." 37 times.
He said, "Like I said..." 18 times.
He said, "Uh..." 32 times.

This is my job, guys. Most of time it's interesting and fairly easy, but the pains in the patoot like this guy just make my head hurt. This is the first time that I've actually analyzed the words, and Wow!

Am I complaining? I don't know. Just more venting, I hope.

Now I'm done typing until my in-laws leave next Saturday. Hooray!

2 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

What I want to know is, how did you get this job??? Sounds like something I could handle. Most days, lol.

Wendy said...

me too! Tell us more!! I too would be annoyed by this uh, guy. You know what I'm sayin? I am sure you had fun typing, you know?