Sunday, April 22, 2007

This and that

Overheard this morning on the way to church:


Scoot: Pooh, don't put yours face in my face!!

Tink: Yeah, that's one of the Ten Commandments.

Pooh: Huh?

Tink: Yeah, don't put your face in someone's face, and don't yell at someone. It's one of the Ten Commandments.



Pooh and Tink played in a T-ball tournament yesterday and now Scooter and I are SO very sunburned. I am a horrible mother. It's the old cliche, you don't think about it when it's cloudy. Pooh and Tink didn't get much sun, because they were wearing their hats or in the dugout most of the time.

The girls played three games and lost all three. That's a far cry from last season when their teams came in 2nd and 3rd place. Oh well, they don't really know the difference, except that Tink is not happy with the fact that her friend's trophy is bigger than hers.


My in-laws returned to San Diego yesterday, and although we miss them terribly - sincerely - it was very nice to come home last night and do absolutely nothing. We did the same thing after church this morning.
I'll post a recap of their visit in the next few days. We had a great time!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That's so funny. I love little exchanges like that.

My son was sunburned when he was 2 1/2 in Spokane, WA on a really cloudy day. His faces swelled up. We had to take him to the doctor it was so bad. Now he has freckles where he was burned. He hates them. I'm a bad mommy!

Hope you had a good visit with your in-laws.

Kelley said...

I've got 3 redheads, so I know all about the necessity of sunblock. But we all forget once in a while. Especially when it's been months since we spent much time outdoors. The weather is just turning nice enough now, and my son got his first sunburn of the year working in our yard on Saturday. I am quite certain that it won't be his last sunburn, though.

Wendy said...

Adorable as usual. Love the new banner! Very cute! Glad you have your home back.... fun having company, but nice to get back into your own routine again!