Friday, April 27, 2007

Checking in...

Good morning, y'all. I'm just writing a quick post in case I don't get back here before the weekend's over.

Big Daddy and I are attending a quickie marriage retreat this weekend, at a hotel in Dallas. This event is organized by Lutheran Social Services, who provide wonderful post-adoption resources, including marriage workshops and retreats. Even though we were not licensed through them, and adopted through another foster/adopt agency, we are eligible for these events, as adoptive parents. What a blessing!

So today I have to:
Finish typing
Make vet appointments for the doggies
Take Scooter for a speech evaluation
Go shopping for a new outfit (yay!)
Color my hair
Go out to dinner with friends (gotta have priorities)

And tomorrow (Big Daddy is doing most of this while I get ready):
Pack a small bag
Take dogs to vet
Take Scooter and Pooh to Grammy and Grandaddy's
Pick up Angel Food boxes
Take Tink to friends' house
Drive to Dallas
Check in at 2:00 p.m.
Sunday
At retreat until noon
Pick up 3 girls
T-ball practice at 3:00
Last night when we got home from T-Ball (we won!), BD and I looked at those three sweaty, gap-tooth, goofy girls, and marveled at how wonderful our life is. It's hard! But it's worth it.

No comments: