Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Who's Trixie?

Well, there are two different answers here.
First of all, who am I?
I'm a wife of almost ten years.
I'm a mom of 1.5 years, to three girls, ages 3, 5 and 6. Adoption, you ask? Why yes, now that you mention it. In triplicate. It has been a roller coaster cliche of epic proportions. "Your life will never be the same." You think? "You'll never have alone time again." No, really? But, all in all, I probably wouldn't change a thing, unless I could just put the whole thing on PAUSE every now and then for a quick trip to Vegas with the stud.
I work at home transcribing insurance statements. It is alternately interesting, excruciating, heart-wrenching, disgusting, aggravating, mostly boring. But it pays a couple of the bills.

Second, who is Trixie?
I chose the pseudonym Trixie because last weekend, while watching Deadwood, I listened to Trixie the whore just going on...and on...and on...(sort of like if Julia Sugarbaker had been a cranky whore in the old west), and I suddenly realized that she sounded a lot like me in my less sane moments. A lot. More on my tendency to rant later. Maybe. Probably.

Wanna know anything else? Just ask!

No comments: